Lo-is

Saturday, June 03, 2006

letters to my self..

recently, i'm quite interested in writing a letter to myself... i think it's interesting... there's even a program for kids to write themselves letters.. to help them think of wat they wan in the future, what are they doing now..

i googled "letters to myself" and came across this site.. and read it.. very interesting... abt this woman and her journey in life.. although halfway, i wondered why did it all revolves around men.. i realised, it made her the person she is now...

This was supposed to be a love letter to myself. All I can think of are all the men I've ever loved and the consequences of my choices. I don't love myself right now. But I want to start.
I want to take risks and live every fucking day like it's my last. I don't want to be sixty years old someday and think of all the life I wasted. I want my life to count for something. I want to give more and get more back.
I want to start making sense. I want to go to bed smiling and wake up smiling. I want to feel things. I don't want to be numb.
I am ready to bury my past and start living in the perfect present. All the men I've mentioned had a hand in forming the woman I've become. But not a single one of them were there during the hardest, most heartbreaking times of my life. It was just me in all my tattered, shattered glory.
I have two choices. I can be bitter or I can be brave.
I'm going to hike a canyon now.
Hiking a canyon is as good a place as any to start.
Love,
Me

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home